Sunday, June 8, 2008

CCPS Blog on Vacation

After a killer 5 month primary season, I'm in some desperate need of political decompression before the general election campaign shifts into full gear. Fortunately (for me, at least), I've got a couple of trips planned over the next few weeks. I won't be posting at all next week, though Alicia or Mike may blog here during the break.

That said, I've put up a new choice of topics on the sidebar. Voting will be open for a week and then I will blog on the winning topic next week. In the meantime, I'll be trying to see if I can survive without my daily dose of CNN and MSNBC.

In the meantime, here are some things worth looking at:

The John McCain Campaign's blueprint for victory.

Marc Ambinder says that Barack Obama solved the collective action problem.

Mark Blumenthal examines what happens when Astrophysicists moonlight as political scientists.

The New York Times keeps up its good work on producing interactive graphics, this time an interactive electoral map.

Nate Silver argues that, in this election, the electoral college is biased against Republicans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A quick question I would like to see researched over the break would be "Is there any evidence of primary supporters dropping off after their chosen candidate looses?"

There's a lot of talk about Hilary's supporters either going over to McCain or just not voting. I find this hard to believe because

a) A lot of them are vehemently pro-choice and McCain is not

and

b) primary activists and especially those who commit themselves to the point where they bus up to DC for RBC meetings are habitual voters. The stark differences between Obama & McCain that will come into view during a general election will have to bring disgruntled supporters back into the folk in the same way Dean's army eventually became active in the Kerry campaign and MoveOn/ACT/liberal 527 campaigns... right?

Is there any way to test this?