- Federal lobbyists cannot contribute financially to the transition.
- Federal lobbyists are prohibited from any lobbying during their work with the transition.
- Lobbyists are prohibited from working in the fields of policy on which they lobbied if they have lobbied in that area in the last 12 months.
- If someone becomes a lobbyist after working on the transition, they are prohibited from lobbying the administration for 12 months on matters on which they worked.
- There is a gift ban that is aggressive in reducing the influence of special interests.
In sum, this is a great start for the Obama administration and the renewal of our democracy and the way Washington works.